Are you thinking of re-flooring your home? Renovating your interiors? It’s not hard to choose from a variety of floor tiling in auckland. These five tips will help you narrow down your choices.
1. All About Tile Types
Ceramic tiles are affordable and durable, but they are susceptible to cracking and chipping. Ceramic tiles that are suitable for light to medium traffic should be selected from either group-4 or 5 ceramic tiles.
* Porcelain tiles can be stronger and denser than ceramic, and they are also more resistant to staining and scratching. You can choose rectified porcelain tiles or joint-free porcelain tiles for a seamless look. Epoxy grouting can give your tiles a neat appearance.
* Vitrified tiles can be strong, durable, stain- and moisture-resistant. There are many options available, including double-charged vitrified tiles that have a two-tone color and a full body with a uniform colour throughout the tile. Solvent salt tiles are also available in different patterns. Glazed tiles are also available.
* Tiles can also be made from natural materials such as sandstone or limestone, marble, or travertine.
* Cement tiles in traditional designs are a bold choice for a bold look. These tiles are porous and should be sealed regularly.
2. How To Choose The Right Size
* Make sure that there is minimal waste during installation when choosing the size. For the bedroom, living room, and dining room, choose large-sized tiles.
* For the bathroom and kitchen, smaller tiles are more appropriate. Large tiles have fewer joints and give the illusion of more space.
3. Choose The Ideal Tile Finish
Gloss tiles are attractive with a mirror-like sheen that reflects light and adds brightness to the home. They can become slippery and should not be used in the bathroom or kitchen.
They are non-reflective, slip-resistant, and do not easily show dirt or stains. Slip-resistant tiles also reduce the chance of falling in moist areas such as the bathroom and kitchen. Choose tiles with a higher COF ( coefficient of friction) than 0.6 for maximum safety.
* Semi-matte and laptop finishes are also available. These tiles have a greater shine than matte tiles, and they are also non-slip.
4. Tips For Design
There are many options for tiles in different colours and patterns. Tiles can be reproduced digitally to replicate natural materials such as wood, marble, and other types of stone. To create an interesting pattern, you can mix and match two or more tiles.
5. Calculate The Cost
Calculate the amount of tiles needed for flooring. Make sure you add 10%. It is important to set a budget so that you can make the decision easier when choosing floor tiles.