Professional fly control services are the best way to ensure that all flies are gone from your business. To ensure your protection for the long-term, your Ehrlich specialist will use the ERDM method.
- Exclusion– Proofing doors, windows, roof vents and other openings. To prevent flies from entering a building.
- Restrictions – Use good housekeeping techniques to eliminate potential fly breeding areas.
- Destruction– The correct fly control treatment according to your particular circumstances.
- Monitoring – Inspection during regular visits.
Flies can be a nuisance in your home or at work and pose a risk to your health. Flies can carry diseases like Salmonella, E.coli, Typhoid and E. coli. Ehrlich Pest Control can help you keep your flies outside.
Fly traps made at home
Although professional pest control is the best way to eliminate flies, DIY methods can be used to do the same. Fly traps that you make yourself are cost-effective and easy to use, but they can be effective in controlling flies. These are traps that you can make using common household items.
Bottle traps for soda
- Take out a two-liter plastic soda bottle.
- Cut the top third of your bottle so that it is just below the label.
- Place a sweet liquid such as sugar water in the bottom third of your bottle.
- Place the cone-shaped top third of your bottle upside down in the larger opening.
- Flies will make their way into the bottle, but they will not be able to escape.
Vinegar and dish soap are fly traps
- Fill a shallow bowl with apple cider vinegar and sugar.
- Then, add fruit-scented dish soap.
- The dish can be left unattended or covered tightly with plastic wrap. To attract the insects, make sure you poke a few holes into it.
How to eliminate flies from outside
These garden plants are great for repelling flies from outdoors.
- Basil: It is easy to maintain and can withstand any climate.
- Bay Leaf: This leaf can be grown indoors during warmer months.
- Lavender: You can hang lavender bundles in your yard, or let it grow in your garden.
- The Nasturtium: This flower does more than repel insects like aphids and most beetles. Many gardeners place nasturtiums around the borders of their gardens to encourage the growth of other plants.
- Mint: To repel flies, mice, and ants, grow mint near windows and other openings in your house.
How to repel flies naturally
There are environmentally-friendly solutions to keeping flies away.
- Place a paper funnel inside a glass jar filled with apple cider vinegar. The smell will attract insects and the funnel will keep them away.
- Place 20-25 cloves into lemon halves.
- Apply a few drops of Eucalyptus oil to ribbons or cloth strips, and fly strips for doors.
How Ehrlich eliminates flies
Flies can be easily repelled by using homemade traps. If flies become an annoying nuisance, you should call a pest control specialist who can provide integrated pest management services. Our fly experts are able to identify the type of fly and guide them to areas where they can breed. You may not have found the breeding location just because you are seeing adult flies. To eliminate the entire infestation, it is important to find the breeding site.
Your Ehrlich specialist will examine potential breeding areas such as drains and broken tile. After a thorough inspection of your property has been completed, the Ehrlich specialist will recommend a fly treatment program that is tailored to your specific needs. Treatment may vary depending on the type of fly infesting your property.
- Recommendations for hygiene and housekeeping
- Dusting powders
- Aerosol mists
- Electronic Fly Killers
You will be able to provide effective, long-term protection against flies when you combine them with the Exclusion, Restriction, and Monitoring practices at the top. Do not attempt DIY fly control. These will only make your fly problem worse and increase your stress.